In order to compete with Canon 300D entry-level DSLR Nikon has launched the D3400 this August which is a successor to the highly popular D3300. On this better battery life and Bluetooth connectivity, Nikon has done enough to take on Canon offerings and more importantly should existing owners of the D3300 need an upgrade D3400. Well, in this article we will give a detailed review of Nikon D3400.
The dimensions of this new Nikon D3400 remains pretty much identical to its predecessor but this D3400 is now lighter making it even easier to carry while traveling. The button layouts of this new device are also exactly same as the older model. The core specifications of this new Nikon D3400 are pretty similar to D3300. This device comes with a 24.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and also has Nikon’s Expeed 4 image processor. This device has 11 focus points, contrast detection autofocus, and RAW image support. ISO sensitivity of this new D3400 ranges from 100 to 25,600 and this device comes with a shutter speed of 30-1/4000 seconds and 5fps burst speed. This device can record 1080p videos at 60fps similar to S3300.
Pros of Nikon D3400
1. This newly launched Nikon D3400 a compact DSLR body which feels good and also has a lightweight body than the previous models.
2. This DSLR has a very good ISO performance and the image quality is also great.
3. The dynamic range of this new Nikon D400 has also been improved over its predecessor.
4. The new kit lens(AF-P 18-55mm) which comes with this device has faster, smoother and quicker AF operation.
5. This device has relatively faster single-shot autofocus then it’s predecessor and also comes with burst mode at 5fps having deep JPEG buffers and has an improved RAW buffer depth with a fast card.
6. This New DSLR also gives a magnificent battery life.
Cons of Nikon D3400
1. Some of the features such as ultrasonic sensor cleaning, Easy Panorama, accessory port, headphone jack, etc. are missing in this new DSLR which was even there in its predecessor. The flash of this model is also weaker than the previous model Nikon D3300.
2. This new Nikon D3400 may display washes out in direct sunlight.
The Nikon D3400 has launched at a price of about 600 dollars. Well, considering the price point this new DSLR we would say Nikon did a pretty good job. It makes sense to buy D3400 over D3300 though it will cost you a little extra it is value for money. But there is no reason for current D3300 owners to upgrade to D3400 as there is not much improvement in image quality and video performance.